If you are considering starting, or already have, a nice wine collection you know the importance of strict temperature and humidity control. This is especially true if you will be storing your wines for an extended period of time. If you don’t maintain the proper conditions for your wine you will likely be very disappointed when you open up that bottle to serve to your guests http://mdernluxury.com/the-best-wine-storage-temperature-how-to-store-wine-investments-for-the-long-term/ .
The proper wine storage temperature will depend somewhat on the type of wines you have in your collection. But there are some basic guidelines that can help. Below is a list of some things to be aware of when you store your wine.
1) You want to maintain a constant cool temperature. Between 53 – 59 decrees Fahrenheit. You don’t want fluctuations in the temperature.
2) You want fairly high humidity. Humidity levels should be between 70% and 95%.
3) You want to protect your wine from vibration. That’s why you need to make sure the wine refrigerator you buy has a vibration dampening system.
4) You don’t want to expose your wine to excessive light. Ultraviolet light can be very damaging to wine.
5) You don’t want to store your wine in an area that has a lot of odors such as chemicals and paints.
Don’t be disappointed and embarrassed when you open a bottle of wine. Make sure to maintain the proper wine storage temperature and humidity to get the most out of your wine. Follow these simple wine storage temperature tips and you will be delighted and not disappointed when you finally get around to opening that special bottle of wine!